Ragi brown bread is a type of bread that is made with ragi flour, which is a type of millet flour that is high in protein and minerals. Brown bread is typically made with whole wheat flour, which is milled from the entire wheat kernel, including the bran, germ, and endosperm. Ragi brown bread is a nutritious alternative to traditional white bread, and it may be beneficial for individuals who are looking to increase their intake of whole grains and essential nutrients.
Ragi Brown Bread (400 Grams)
The specific ingredients in a recipe for ragi brown bread may vary, but generally, it would contain some combination of the following ingredients:
- Ragi flour: This is the main ingredient in ragi brown bread and provides the bread with its unique nutritional profile.
- Whole wheat flour: Whole wheat flour is typically used in brown bread to provide a nutty flavor and a chewy texture.
- Yeast: Yeast is used as a leavening agent to make the bread rise.
- Salt: Salt is used to enhance the flavor of the bread.
- Water: Water is used to bring the dough together and to hydrate the yeast.
- Sweetener: A small amount of sweetener like jaggery or honey can be added to enhance the taste.
- Oil or butter: Oil or butter can be added to the dough to give the bread a richer flavor and a softer texture.
- Milk: Some recipe may call for milk to add more richness to the bread.
- Other ingredients like seeds, nuts, and dried fruits can also be added for more flavor and nutrition.